Friday, September 17, 2010

I hear you

22" x 30" charcoal on Rives BFK



ok...so he's not so small.

This is the drawing I was referring to in a previous post. I've been sketching for days now trying to get Diamond's expression and the lighting just right. It was a bit tricky as he was blasted with sunlight from above but also bathed by the light reflecting up from the concrete pad.

You can set your clocks by this sweet ol' soul...stopping by the studio doorway for his afternoon snack. He takes a look inside, turns his head with ears tracking where you might be, then winnies.
Who has who trained here?
: )

8 comments:

  1. How lovely,

    I feel like I am standing next to him listening to his breathing. A gorgeous drawing. You can set your clock by my cats too. My older cat Timbah rubs against my leg at 5:59 p.m. if I'm home. Dinner is supposed to be at 6 p.m. They know exactly when that is and shift seamlessly with the time changes in the fall and spring.

    Super drawing.

    Take care,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marilyn, I'm the one that's blown away. Your gorgeous drawings are so sensitive, both in rendering and feeling. They are truly masterful. I am so happy to have discovered your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What beautiful drawings! I especially love the light in this one. I also enjoy your wood pieces tremendously.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou for following my work - I'm glad you are because that way I've found your very lovely work - such beautiful soft drawings.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Barbara. Funny though. My boys do not observe the time changes and will stand, side by side, at the paddock fence glaring up to the house as a reminder.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome Karen and thank you for your kind words. So happy I stumbled onto your site, quite a celebration of life and so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Polly, my fellow Texan and sister of repurposed materials! More mixed media paintings please.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. At times I enjoy sketchbooks more than finished works. Thanks for sharing yours Bridget.

    ReplyDelete