Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Neighborly

Neighborly (detail) wip | oil on panel | 12" x 16"  Flanegan
This stand of trees was particularly striking to me with trunks saturated by a recent heavy rain. I'm not finished with it yet...it'll reveal what it needs soon enough...or should say not soon enough.
😋
Gracious, painting outdoors is harrrd. But those times when i get it right - as few as they may be - keep me going. Nothing good comes easy, right?

I see something beautiful and want to share it, but how best do I convey that? There are a bijillion options. Each one is like solving a mystery and i just need to persevere, which is why it's necessary for me to have a few paintings ongoing.

Mixing it up helps. Seeking refuge in the familiar and then getting back out there to be brave and tenacious, like a dog with a bone. So for now, it's back to my comfort zone, four-legged wonders.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment