Monday, September 10, 2012

22 : Wiseguys

wiseguy |  Flanegan  |  6"x 6" oil on wood panel  | sold
Wiseguy had just woken up from his mid-morning nap and I thought it amusing that -1- he acknowledged his shadow on some level and -2- that his shadow seemed equally engaged. Which made me wonder...who was the real wiseguy here - my horse or his fair weather friend?
Some paintings flow more easily than others and this was one of them. You may become quite attached to the inspiration or the memory which is not a good thing if you're a working artist.
So last Saturday when I shared a booth with Sol'stice Gallery at the Dripping with Taste Wine and Food Festival and displayed this painting to sell, it was more difficult than I had anticipated. As it turned out - selling it was the best of all scenarios. A couple of collectors, who have become my dear friends, gave Wiseguys a loving home.

: )

"Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom."
- Marcel Proust

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful post and painting. I am so glad that Wiseguy sold to people who appreciate him.You are one of the "charming gardeners who make" my soul
    happy.

    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete