Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Mr. Specktacular

6" x 6"  |  acrylic on wood panel  |  nfs

Need I say more?
The fabulous Stollenwerks are on 'sabbatical' in Wisconsin and this is their cat, Speck. He's like a downy soft pillow and quite the charmer with those endearing cross-eyed glances. I'm convinced he was the inspiration for the colors of their December wedding a few years back...icy blue and mink...am I right Marita?! ok, that may be stretching it a bit.
: )
This study was recently dispatched from the archives in preparation for a very-special-birthday-surprise commission here in Texas. Two paintings of the same cat - the first as an adorable kitten and the second as a studly two year old.
I love surprises.

3 comments:

  1. Specktacular, indeed. This portrait of Speck is full of character. Beautifully done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well this is a gorgeous surprise. Beautifully
    done.

    XO Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved visiting your blog today!! I had a bit of catching up to do, I LOVED your studies of chocolate kisses!!! Thanks as always for inspiring!

    ReplyDelete